Responsible for database implementation, maintenance and support, user liaison, functional design and costing database needs for assigned departments and systems utilized by the company. May occasionally function as a project lead and when in this function, will develop a work plan, assign tasks, monitors efforts of project team, and report progress. As needed, may manage contract personnel.
- BA or BS in Business, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of skills, experience and education.
- Minimum 8 years experience in information systems field, at least 5 years experience as a DBA
- Thorough understanding of system and application development life cycle and large scale software implementation methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to work in cross functional/ matrix organizations
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism, poise and tact.
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server 2005 or higher required
- Experience with SQL Reporting Services Reporting
- Experience with SQL Server Replication
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Proficiency MS Windows desktop operating systems and MS Office
- Experience, knowledge, or ability in these areas a plus:
- Experience with Accounting, Inventory and Manufacturing systems
- Experience with multi-national and multi-currency companies.
- Experience with Syspro, Microsoft Dynamics AX or other ERP systems including SAP, Oracle, JDE, etc., strongly preferred.
- Experience with SQL Analysis Services
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- Experience with a variety of tools for monitoring and auditing databases
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley and SOC/SAS70 compliance
- Experience communicating with senior management and with multicultural teams
- Multilingual English/Spanish speaker preferred
- Ability to understand and analyze current business processes and suggest/develop improved processes and methods.
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements.
- May research, analyze, recommend and manage installation of purchased application software products.
- May manage data conversion from existing software to new system.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and SqlServer Security
- Continuing pursuit of knowledge and training on the evolving product platform to achieve the necessary duties.
- Assists with administration of software development methodology and controls
- Maintains documentation consistent with Sarbanes-Oxley certification requirements
- Develop project work plans, assign tasks, monitors efforts of other analysts and developers and report progress.
- Creates end-user and technical documentation
- Provides weekly written status reports to management
- Occasional travel to remote offices may be required
- 24 hour coverage for primary assigned databases, unless coverage pre-arranged.
- Other duties as requested.
For over two decades, VanderHouwen & Associates, Inc. (VHA) has been a premier staffing provider of professionals in the Pacific Northwest. While it might seem unusual for a rapid-deploy, results-driven business like ours to take that responsibility personally, we do. Our President’s work ethic not only serves as the foundation of our company, but drives the commitment to individual attention which infuses our culture. Our dedication is to the satisfaction and success of our clients and consultants. We’re committed to providing outstanding service to a uniquely demanding industry in a straightforward, ethical, highly personal, and always-responsive manner.