SQLSaturday Oregon, Oct 8, 2011
Call for Speakers and Registration is now open
View the Webcast
Taking Your Application Design to the Next Level with Analysis Services Data Mining
- Data mining as a technology supports the discovery of patterns and statistics not easily visible in relational database queries, and in many cases these patterns can be used to deliver predictions. These patterns can be used to derive knowledge about data, and in turn this knowledge can be used to enhance application designs and the user experience.In this presentation you will be introduced to Analysis Services 2005 and 2008 Data Mining and numerous demonstrations that show how to develop data mining models that can be embedded into your applications. Demonstrations will be based on Analysis Services 2008 Data Mining.
- This presentation is a must for any developer looking to embed “Artificial Intelligence” into their solution design to take their applications to the next level. It is designed to thrill you with potential, and excite you with the ease in which it can be accomplished. The demonstrations range from simple (involving no code!) to more sophisticated examples.This presentation is targeted at developers with an interest in data mining, and equally for non-developers interested to understand and evaluate what data mining could achieve for them. There is no requirement to have any background or experience with data mining technologies.
Peter Myers has 13 years’ solid experience working in OLTP database design and development, DBA support and Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence with SQL Server.
Specializing in Microsoft Business Intelligence, Peter provides mentoring, technical training and course content authoring for SQL Server and Office. Specifically he works with Integration Services, Analysis Services (cubes and data mining), Reporting Services, Excel, PowerPivot and PerformancePoint Services.
He has a broad business background supported by a bachelor degree in applied economics, and he extends this with current MCITP and MCT certifications. He has been an MVP since 2006.
Peter is an established presenter and enjoys sharing his enthusiasm for Microsoft technologies by presenting at user group meetings, technical events and conferences.
Refreshments provided by Apex Systems Inc.
Featured Sponsor: Edgelink
- EdgeLink is a leading Technology Staffing and Recruiting Firm based in Portland, OR and Denver, CO. We deliver exceptional technical talent and high-quality recruiting services enabling companies to effectively respond to changes in workforce demands.
EdgeLink recruits the industry’s best mid- to senior-level technology professionals on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct-hire basis.
We welcome your call to learn about your specific needs, be it a new job or new hire!
- Portland Office: 503-246-3989
Denver Office: 303-953-4374
Jobs, Jobs, Jobs …
- To receive the Oregon SQL Jobs newsletter, which includes openings for SQL Developers, .NET Developers with SQL expertise, SQL DBA/Admins, Q/A –and other opportunities with a significant SQL Server emphasis, look on the recent Meeting Reminder, or the monthly Newsletter, go to the bottom and select [Update your profile]. Be sure and check the ‘Send me occasional notices about Job Postings’ checkbox.
Lunch and Conversation
- Join a small group of like minded professionals for a ‘no agenda’ lunch. Chat and informal networking are the modus operandi of this lively event. Next in the series: Vancouver/Camus, July 13, and Beaverton, July 28. , If you would like to join other professionals for a ‘no agenda’ community networking opportunity, sign up here.
- The June meeting featured several folks providing SQL Server insights and tips, as well as being quite entertaining. In addition to the lively audience in Portland, online participants included groups in Eugene and Bend.
We wish to acknowledge Robert Half Technologies for supporting Oregon SQL by generously sponsoring the meeting venue.