Watch for more details, including parking information.
SQL Server and Parallelism
- Parallelism, i.e. what is it, is it a good or bad thing, and the ways to control it.
Sachindra Berde is the Sr. Database Architect Administrator for McAfee Labs, the R&D wing of McAfee Security. Sachindra has worked with various database platforms for over 15 years, and has been using MS SQL Server since Version 7. Sachindra’s experience with data runs the gamut from the largest financial company in the US, large IT companies, to small non-profit research institutes.
How to build an application to migrate SQL Server instance from one platform/server to another
- With SQL Server management studio, one can easily export/import a SQL Server database. However, there isn’t an easy way to export and import an entire instance.
In this session, I will walk you through how we create an application to migrate an entire SQL Server instance from one server to another.
Thanh (OJ) Ngo is a veteran technologist with over 15 years of IT experience. He’s a former SQL Server MVP (2002-2008) and currently working as CTO at DH2i Company (www.dh2i.com). When he’s not tied to his desk or in front of customers, he likes to be outdoor working on the yard or just hanging with a drink. He’s a pretty easy-going type of guy, so drop him a line or two at any time.
Refreshments provided by Edgelink.
Featured Sponsor: Edgelink
- EdgeLink is a leading Technology Staffing and Recruiting Firm based in Portland, OR and Denver, CO. We deliver exceptional technical talent and high-quality recruiting services enabling companies to effectively respond to changes in workforce demands.
EdgeLink recruits the industry’s best mid- to senior-level technology professionals on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct-hire basis. We welcome your call to learn about your specific needs, be it a new job or new hire!
- Portland Office: 503-246-3989
Denver Office: 303-953-4374
Visit our website for more details.
Are you ready to be an Author?
- There is a great opportunity for first time contributors to get published. The general theme is write about the thing that a DBA should really know. Work colaboratively with others and you only need to contribute a chapter or two for the book. Some mentoring & guidance will be provided. For more details
Jobs, Jobs, Jobs …
- To receive the Oregon SQL Jobs newsletter, which includes openings for SQL Developers, BI Specialists, .NET Developers with SQL expertise, SQL DBA/Admins, Q/A -and other opportunities with a significant SQL Server emphasis, click on the News button on the upper right of this page. If you currently receive the monthly Oregon SQL newsletter, look on the recent Meeting Reminder, or the monthly Newsletter, and at to the bottom select [Update your profile]. Check the ‘Send me occasional notices about Job Postings’ checkbox.
- You will find the session materials and a link to the recording on Last Month’s announcement page. (Note: There is an echo for much of the recording, but it still should be a useful resource.)
We wish to acknowledge Robert Half Technologies for supporting Oregon SQL by generously sponsoring the meeting venue.